Glass-based RF SiP interposers allow you to offer significant product differentiation. Our proprietary APEX® Glass allows you to realize high-value system integration in the most compact footprint enabling you to meet even the most demanding product definitions for next generation RF and wireless products.
At the heart of our interposer technology is the ability to manufacture precise through glass vias (TGVs, 50 microns in diameter) for I/Os with tight metal redistribution line and spacing (<30 microns) with micron-scale precision. Additionally, the in-glass manufacturing of integrated passive devices (e.g. inductors & capacitors) enable advanced RF performance.
These three factors lead to the following benefits for our customers.
- Reduce chip size by 70% compared to PCBs
- Up to 50% reduction in power utility
- More than a 50% increase in wireless bandwidth
- Wideband applications ranging from DC to 100GHz
- Embed passive devices (e.g. inductors, capacitors, baluns, antenna, etc.) into the package
- Minimize assembly costs
- 6-week production cycles speeds time to market
|Size||< 5mm x 5mm||< 40mm x 40mm|
|TGV Diameter||> 50µm||> 30µm|
|Metal Redistribution Line/Space||30µm / 30µm||10µm / 10µm|
|Frequency Ranges||0.5 - 60GHz||0.5 - 60GHz|
|Connectors||SMT, flip-chip, wire bond||SMT, flip-chip, wire bond|
|Compliance||ROHS compliant, Lead-free||ROHS compliant, Lead-free|